- Personal Information We Collect >
- How We Use Your Information >
- How We Disclose Your Personal Information >
- Your Privacy Choices and Rights >
- How We Protect Your Information >
- International Data Transfers >
- Data Retention >
- Notice for California Residents >
- Notice for Nevada Residents >
- Notice for Individuals in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom and Switzerland >
- Children's Privacy and Parental Controls >
- Other Provisions A.Links to Third Party Sites >
- Contact Us >
- Effective Date >
We may collect the following personal information that you provide to us:
- Account Creation. In order to use certain features of our Site and Services, you may create an account. We may ask you for your name, email address, shipping address, and telephone number, and certain other personal information about yourself.
- If you place an order through the Site for products, services, or a Subscription (collectively “Services”) either as a Visitor or Member, we may ask you for your Login Credentials, name, email address, shipping address, and telephone number, certain other personal information about yourself, including payment information. Any payments made via our Site are processed by third-party payment processors. We do not directly collect or store any payment card information entered through our Site, but it may receive information associated with your payment card information (e.g., your billing details).
- Communications with Us. We may collect personal information from you such as email address, phone number, or mailing address when you request information about our products, register for our newsletter, request customer support, sign up for the referral program, or other communications with us.
- We may contact you to participate in surveys. If you decide to participate, you may be asked to provide certain personal information, which may include personal information.
- Reviews. If you leave a review on our Services, you also agree that we may post it publicly (including for our advertising and promotional purposes), along with your first name and last initial.
- Social Media Content. We may offer forums, blogs, or social media pages). Any personal information you provide on the public sections of these features will be considered “public”, unless otherwise required by applicable law and is not subject to privacy protections referenced herein.
- Business Development and Strategic Partnerships. We may collect personal information from individuals and third parties to assess and pursue potential business opportunities.
B. Personal Information Collected Automatically or From Others
We may collect personal information automatically when you use our Site:
- Automatic Data Collection. We may collect certain personal information automatically when you use our Site, such as your Internet protocol (IP) address, Internet Service Provider (ISP), user settings, MAC address, pages viewed, cookie identifiers, mobile carrier, mobile advertising and other details about your browser and device including unique identifiers, duration and frequency of visits, and location information (including approximate location derived from IP address).We may collect this information from your activity on the Site, including information about time spent on particular pages, sections of the Site you visit, and other usage data, or from cookies (as described in more detail below).We may also track your past purchases to provide you with a personalized profile of your shopping history.
- Cookies are small text files placed in device browsers that store preferences and facilitate and enhance your experience.We use the following types of cookies on our Services:
Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential because they enable you to use our Services. For example, strictly necessary cookies allow you to access secure areas on our Services. Without these cookies, some services cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you for marketing purposes. This category of cookies is essential for our Services to work and they cannot be disabled.
Functional Cookies. We use functional cookies to remember your choices so we can tailor our Services to provide you with enhanced features and personalized content. For example, these cookies can be used to remember your name or preferences on our Services. We do not use functional cookies to target you with online marketing. While these cookies can be disabled, this may result in less functionality during your use of our Services.
Performance or Analytic Cookies. These cookies collect passive information about how you use our Services, including webpages you visit and links you click. We use the information collected by such cookies to improve and optimize our Services. We do not use these cookies to target you with online marketing. You can disable these cookies.
Advertising or Targeting Cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising messages more relevant to you. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. Our third-party advertising partners may use these cookies to build a profile of your interests and deliver relevant advertising on other sites. You may disable the use of these cookies as set forth below.
First-Party Cookies. You can use the browser with which you are viewing this Site to enable, disable or delete cookies. To do this, follow the instructions provided by your browser (usually located within the “Help”, “Tools” or “Edit” settings). Please note, if you set your browser to disable cookies, you may not be able to access secure areas of the Site. Also, if you disable cookies other parts of the Services may not work properly. You can find more information about how to change your browser cookie settings at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Mobile Advertising: If you are not located in the European Countries, you can opt out of having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of advertising by accessing the settings in mobile device and following the instructions. If you opt-out, we will remove all data about you and will not collect any further data. The random ID previously assigned to you will be removed. Thus, if at a later stage, you decide to opt-in, we will be unable to continue to track you using the prior ID and you will for all practical purposes be a new user. If you are located in the European Countries, the cookie banner on our website will provide you the opportunity to consent to having your mobile advertising identifiers used for certain types of advertising by accessing the settings in mobile device.
Third-Party Cookies. If you are not located in the European Countries, to opt-out of third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use advertising cookies go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices. Once you click the link you may choose to opt-out of such advertising from all participating advertising companies or only advertising provided by specific advertising entities. For more information about third-party advertising networks and similar entities that use these technologies, please see http://www.aboutads.info/consumers . If you are not located in the European Countries, the cookie banner on our website will provide you the opportunity to consent to having third-party advertising cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. In addition, most web browsers provide help pages relating to setting cookie preferences. More information may be found for the following browsers here:
- Pixel Tags or Beacons. In addition to cookies, we also collect Aggregate Information through the use of "tracking pixels," also known as "beacons." A tracking pixel is a transparent graphic image (usually one (1) pixel x one (1) pixel) that is placed on a web page and, in combination with a cookie, allows for the collection of information regarding the use of the web page that contains the tracking pixel. We use tracking pixels to tell when an advertisement has been clicked on or otherwise interacted with and use that information to judge which advertisements are more appealing to users. In some cases, we use third party service providers to help us collect and analyze this information.
Our uses of these Technologies fall into the following general categories:
- Operationally Necessary. This includes Technologies that allow you access to our Site, applications, and tools that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security or that allow you to make use of our functionality;
- Performance Related. We may use Technologies to assess the performance of our Site, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our visitors use the Site (see Analytics below);
- Functionality Related. We may use Technologies that allow us to offer you enhanced functionality when accessing or using our Site. This may include identifying you when you sign into our Site or keeping track of your specified preferences, interests, or past items viewed;
- Advertising or Targeting Related. We may use first party or third-party Technologies to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our Site or on third party sites.
See ‘Your Privacy Choices and Rights’ below to understand your choices regarding these Technologies.
For more information on these third parties, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit the sites below. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Site.
Google Analytics. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google LLC (“Google”) that tracks and reports Site traffic. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en . Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics, available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout . If you are located in the European Countries, and the Google Analytics is structured to collect Personal Information, the cookie banner on our website will provide you the opportunity to consent to Google Analytics.
- We may obtain personal information about you such as your name, email address, and certain other personal information about you when someone refers you to take advantage of our referrals program.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including through third-party services and organizations. For example, if you access our Site through a third-party application, such as an app store, a third-party login service , or a social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application that you have made available via your privacy settings.
2. How We Use Your Information
A. Provide Our Site and Services. We use your information to fulfill our contract with you and provide you with our products, such as:
- Managing your information and accounts;
Providing access to certain areas, functionalities, and features of our Site;
- Answering requests for customer or technical support;
- Communicating with you about your account, activities on our Site and policy changes;
- To process and fulfill your order and notify you of your order status;
- Undertaking activities to verify or maintain the quality or safety of a product or service;
- Processing your payment information using our third-party partners and other payment methods for Services purchased;
- Providing advertising, analytics and marketing services. We do not use your personal information or your personal pictures as sources for advertisment.
We use your information for various administrative purposes in order to give you a more enjoyable shopping experience, such as:
- Analyze and improve our Site and Services pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as direct marketing, research and development (including marketing research), network and information security, and fraud prevention;
- Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity;
- Measuring interest and engagement in our Site;
- Short-term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads;
- Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
- Researching and developing products, services, marketing or security procedures to improve their performance, resilience, reliability or efficiency;
- Improving, upgrading or enhancing our products and services;
- Developing new products and services;
- Ensuring internal quality control and safety;
- Authenticating and verifying your identity and preventing fraud;
- Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality with our Site;
- Auditing relating to interactions, transactions and compliance activities;
- Enforcing our agreements, terms and policies; and Complying with our legal obligations.
We may use personal information to furnish you with customized materials about offers and products that may be of interest, including new services content or products and advertisements or special promotional programs. We may provide you with these materials as permitted by applicable law.D. Other Purposes
We also use your information for other purposes as requested by you or as permitted by applicable law.
Consent. Other purposes you consent to, are notified of, or are disclosed when you provide personal information.
- De-identified and Aggregate Information. In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, our Site, and our products, we might use personal information and other information about you to create de-identified and/or aggregated information, such as de-identified demographic information, de-identified location information, information about the device from which you access our Site, or other analyses we create in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Site and our products and services. This aggregate information does not identify any individual. We may share this aggregate information with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- If you elect to use our referral services for informing a friend about our Site, we will ask you for the friend's name and email address. U7 will automatically send the friend an initial email inviting them to visit or transact with the Site. U7 may send additional "reminders" to your friend to remind them to sign up (if you select that option). U7 and/or our third-party partners store this information for the sole purpose of sending these referral emails and tracking the success of our referral program. The friend may contact U7 to request the removal of this information from our database and to stop receiving reminders.
We disclose your information to third parties for a variety of business purposes, including to provide our Site, to protect us or others, or in the event of a major business transaction such as a merger, sale, or asset transfer, as described below.
A. Disclosure to Provide our Site and Services
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information are described below.
- Service Providers. We may share any personal information we collect about you with our third party service providers. We may use third parties to host the Site and provide IT and related services; operate various features available on the Site; send emails; process payments; handle customer service; analyze data; provide search results and links and assist in fulfilling your orders. These other companies will have access to your personal information and other information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law. Business Partners. We may provide personal information to business partners with whom we jointly offer products or services. In such cases, our business partner’s name will appear along with ours. We use Shopify to power our online store. Shopify is a well-known e-commerce service provider.You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We may share personal information with our affiliated companies, for our administrative purpose including activities such as IT management, for them to provide services to you, or support and supplement the Site and Services we provide.
- Advertising Partners. Through our Site, we may allow third party advertising partners to set technologies and other tracking tools to collect information regarding your activities and your device (e.g., your IP address, mobile identifiers, page(s) visited, location, time of day). We may also combine and share such information and other information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) with third party advertising partners. These advertising partners may use this information (and similar information collected from other websites) for purposes of delivering targeted advertisements for us to you when you visit third party websites within their networks. This practice is commonly referred to as “interest-based advertising” or “online behavioral advertising”. We may allow access to other data collected by the Site to share information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you. If you prefer not to share your personal information with third party advertising partners, you may follow the instructions below.
For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK - https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
- Information Shared Publicly. As described in “Personal Information We Collect” above, if you post a review on our Services, we may share the review, along with your first name and last initial, publicly, including in our advertising and promotional materials.
- APIs/SDKs. We may use third party Application Program Interfaces (“APIs”) and software development kits (“SDKs”) as part of the functionality of our Site. APIs may allow third parties including analytics and advertising partners to collect your personal information for various purposes including to provide analytics services and content that is more relevant to you. For more information about our use of APIs, please contact us as set forth below.
We may access, preserve, and disclose any personal information we store associated with you to external parties if we, in good faith, believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement or national security requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; protect your, our or others’ rights, property, or safety; enforce our policies or contracts; collect amounts owed to us; or assist with an investigation or prosecution of suspected or actual illegal activity.
C. Disclosure in the Event of Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers
Please also note that we do not sell, trade, or transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless it is requested by law and/or contract. We do not transfer or sell your personal information and other information as an asset in connection with a proposed or actual financing, merger or sale (including any transfers made as part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of our business or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, purchase or sale of assets, or other change in control.
4. Your Privacy Choices and Rights
You have certain choices about your personal information as determined by applicable laws. Where you have consented to the processing of your personal information, you may withdraw that consent at any time and prevent further processing by contacting us as described below.
- Accessing and Updating Your Personal Information and Preferences. If you have an account, you may access and update your registration information, and personal information and preferences to receive email or other communications from us by contacting us as set forth below.
- Do Not Track. “Do Not Track (DNT)” is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. U7 does not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
- Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising. You may stop or restrict the placement of Technologies on your device or remove them by adjusting your preferences as your browser or device permits. However, if you adjust your preferences, our Site may not work properly. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from data partners and other advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, the European Digital Advertising Alliance, and the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada. . Alternatively, for some devices you may use your device's platform controls in your settings to exercise choice.
Please note you must separately opt out in each browser and on each device.
Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.B. Your Privacy Rights.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
- Access Personal Information about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive electronic copy of personal information that you have provided to us, or ask us to send that information to another company (the “right of data portability”);
- Request Correction of your personal information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your personal information or we may refer you to the controller of your personal information who is able to make the correction;
- Request Deletion of your personal information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law;
- Request Restriction of or Object to Processing of your personal information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your personal information to third parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law;
- Withdraw your Consent to our processing of your personal information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable law.
5. How We Protect Your Information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to guard and prevent misuse of your personal information. Our security measures include industry-standard physical, technical and administrative measures to prevent unauthorized access to or disclosure of your information, to maintain data accuracy, to ensure the appropriate use of information, and otherwise safeguard your personal information. We restrict access to your non-public personal information to those employees and third parties who need such information to provide products or Services.
Please recognize that protecting your personal information is also your responsibility. We ask you to be responsible for safeguarding your password, secret questions and answers and other authentication information you use to access our Services.
If you feel that the security of your account or personal data has been compromised, please immediately contact us at following email address email@example.com. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security system is impenetrable. In the event of a security breach, we will promptly notify you and the proper authorities if required by law.
6. International Data Transfers
You agree that all personal information processed by us may be transferred, processed, and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to, the United States or other countries, which may have data protection laws that are different from the laws where you live. We have taken appropriate safeguards to require that your personal information will remain protected and require our third-party service providers and partners to have appropriate safeguards as well. Further details can be provided upon request.
7. Data Retention
If you send us correspondence, including emails, we retain such information electronically in the records of your account. We will also electronically retain customer service correspondence and other correspondence from U7 to you. We retain these records to measure and improve our customer service and to investigate potential fraud and violations. We may, over time, delete these records as permitted by law.
U7 will also retain site and services usage data for internal analysis purposes. Usage data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Site, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
8. Notice for California Residents
This section applies only to California residents. Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (“CCPA”), below is a summary for the last twelve (12) months of the personal information categories, as identified and defined by the CCPA (see California Civil Code section 1798.140 (o)), that we collect, the reason we collect the personal information, where we obtain the personal information, and the third parties that we may share the personal information.
We generally collect the following categories of personal information when you use our Services:
- Identifiers such as a name, address, unique personal identifier, email, phone number, your device’s IP address, software, and identification numbers associated with your devices;
- Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered by you;
- Internet or other electronic information regarding you browsing history, search history, the webpage visited before you came to our Site, length of visit and number of page views, click-stream data, locale preferences, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, and system configuration information;
- Your geolocation, to the extent you have configured your device to permit us to collect such information;
- Audio recordings of your voice to the extent you call us, as permitted under applicable law; and
- Inferences about your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We generally do not collect protected classifications about our users, biometric information, professional or employment-related information, or education-related information. For more information about the personal information we collect and how we collect it, please refer to sections above.
We collect your personal information for the business purposes described in section above. The CCPA defines a “business purpose” as the use of personal information for the business’s operational purposes, or other notified purposes, provided the use of personal information is reasonably necessary and proportionate to achieve the operational purpose for which the personal information was collected or another operational purpose that is compatible with the context in which the personal information was collected.
The categories of third parties with whom we may share your personal information are listed above in section above.
If you are a California resident, you have rights in relation to your personal information; however, your rights are subject to certain exceptions. For instance, U7 cannot disclose specific pieces of personal information if the disclosure would create a substantial, articulable, and unreasonable risk to the security of the personal information, your account with us or the security of our network systems. To assert your right to know or your right to delete your personal information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To confirm your identity, we may ask you to verify personal information we already have on file for you. If we cannot verify your identity based on the information we have on file, we may request additional information from you, which we will only use to verify your identity, and for security or fraud-prevention purposes.
- Right Against Discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising any of the rights described in this section. We will not discriminate against you for exercising your right to know, delete or opt-out of sales.
- Right to Know. You have the right to request in writing: (i) a list of the categories of personal information, such as name, address, email address, that a business has disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year for the third parties' direct marketing purposes, and (ii) the names and addresses of all such third parties. In addition, you have the right to request: (i) the categories of personal information we have collected about you, (ii) the categories of sources from which personal information is collected, (iii) the business or commercial purpose for the information collection, (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we have shared personal information, and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we hold about an individual. You have the right to request a copy of the specific personal information we collected about you during the 12 months before your request.
- Right to Delete. You have the right to request us delete any personal information we have collected from you or maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to Opt-Out of Selling. You have the right to opt-out of having your personal information sold. We do not sell your personal information. The CCPA broadly defines “personal information” and “selling” such that sharing identifiers linked to you for a benefit may be considered a sale. As noted above, you have the right to know the categories of personal information that we sold about you and the categories of third parties with whom we shared such information.
In addition, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of U7 who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third-parties for their direct marketing purposes. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Shine the Light Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. To make the request, please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line “California Do Not Sell Request”.
9. Notice for Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of certain personal information to third parties who intend to license or sell that personal information. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account. Please note that we do not currently sell your personal information as sales are defined in Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A.
This section only applies to individuals using or accessing our Service while located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom, or Switzerland (collectively, the “European Countries”) at the time of data collection. Pursuant to the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), personal information is referred to as personal data. For the sake of clarity references to personal information in this Policy concerns personal data in the sense of the GDPR.
We may ask you to identify which country you are located in when you use or access some of the Services, or we may rely on your IP address to identify which country you are located in. When we rely on your IP address, we cannot apply the terms of this section to any individual that masks or otherwise hides their location information from us so as not to appear located in European Countries. If any terms in this section conflict with other terms contained in this Policy, the terms in this section shall apply to individuals in a European Country.
Your Personal Information will be initially processed in Ireland and then will be transferred outside of Europe for storage and further processing, including to Canada and the United States. For more information on how data transfers comply with the GDPR, see Shopify’s GDPR Whitepaper: https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/your-account/privacy/GDPR
11. Children's Privacy and Parental Controls
This Site is not intended for persons under the age of 16 (or other age as required by local law), and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If you are not 16 or older, you are not authorized to use the Site. If you are a parent or guardian and wish to review information collected from your child, or have that information modified or deleted, you may contact us as set forth below. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information in violation of applicable law, we will delete any personal information we have collected, unless we have a legal obligation to keep it, and terminate the child’s account.
12. Other Provisions
13. Contact Us
14. Effective Date