The Rosary is a Scripture-based prayer. It begins with the Apostles' Creed, which summarizes the great mysteries of the Catholic faith. The Our Father, which introduces each mystery, is from the Gospels. The first part of the Hail Mary is the angel's words announcing Christ's birth and Elizabeth's greeting to Mary. second part of the Hail Mary. The Mysteries of the Rosary center on the events of Christ's life. There are four sets of Mysteries: Joyful, Sorrowful, Glorious and Luminous .
The repetition in the Rosary is meant to lead one into restful and contemplative prayer related to each Mystery. The gentle repetition of the words helps us to enter into the silence of our hearts, where Christ's spirit dwells.
The Five Joyful Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Mondays, Saturdays, and, during the season of Advent, on Sundays:
4.The Presentation in the Temple
5.The Finding in the Temple
The Five Sorrowful Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Tuesdays, Fridays, and, during the season of Lent, on Sundays:
1.The Agony in the Garden
2.The Scourging at the Pillar
3.The Crowning with Thorns
4.The Carrying of the Cross
5.The Crucifixion and Death
The Five Glorious Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Wednesdays and, outside the seasons of Advent and Lent, on Sundays:
3.The Descent of the Holy Spirit
5.The Coronation of Mary
The Five Luminous Mysteries are traditionally prayed on Thursdays:
1.The Baptism of Christ in the Jordan
2.The Wedding Feast at Cana
3.Jesus' Proclamation of the Coming of the Kingdom of God
5.The Institution of the Eucharist
The steps to praying the Rosary are:
1.Make the Sign of the Cross and say the “Apostles’ Creed”
2. Say the “Our Father”
3. Say three “Hail Marys” for Faith, Hope, and Charity
4. Say the “Glory Be”
5. Announce the First Mystery and then say the “Our Father”
6. Say ten “Hail Marys” while meditating on the Mystery
7. Say the “Glory Be” (Optional: Say the “O My Jesus” prayer requested by Mary at Fatima)
8. Announce the Second Mystery; then say the “Our Father” and repeat these steps as you continue 9. through the remaining Mysteries.
10. Say the “Hail Holy Queen” and verse
11. Say the “Final Prayer”
12. Make the “Sign of the Cross”
Any other details we are missing? Please share with us.